Bonus Grange Records (Boone County), 1910-2002
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: The Bonus Grange records date from 1910 to 2002 and include meeting minutes, annual and quarterly reports, membership and treasurer’s records, and photographs.  The meeting minutes are complete from the Grange’s organization in 1910 to its dissolution in 2001 except for the July 1927 through 1932 time period.  The information contained in the minute record books vary from volume to volume but may include the roll call and election of officers, number of members attending the meeting, financial information such as bills paid and treasurer’s reports, a health report on the Grange members, information on the projects and programs the grange was involved with, and reports from the various committees such as Legislative, Agriculture, Women’s Activities, Youth, and the Junior Grange.  The treasurer’s book documents the financial details of the Grange while the dues account books and dues receipt book provides information on membership.  Of special interest are the badges, the fan, and the Bonus Grange seal.
Held at:
Northern Illinois University
Founders Memorial Library
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
Phone: 815-753-1779
Email: rhcua [at] niu.edu
Record Series Number: RHC/RC/281
Volume: 2.5 Linear Feet
Acquired: 11/13/2006.
Access Restrictions: There are no restrictions on access to the collection.
Subject Index
Boone County (Ill.)
National Grange
National Grange. Bonus Grange (Boone County, Ill.)
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Rights/Use Restrictions: Property rights in the collection belong to the Regional History Center; literary rights are dedicated to the public.
Acquisition Notes: Patricia Huntington  Patricia Huntington of Belvidere, Illinois donated the Bonus Grange records to the Regional History Center on November 13, 2006.
Related Materials: Researchers interested in the Grange movement in northern Illinois should check the Regional Collections Guide to Sources for other Grange collections held by the Regional History Center.