Belvidere Business and Professional Women's Club Records, 1932-1980
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: The records in this collection partially document the history of the Belvidere Business and Professional Women’s Club from 1932 to 1980, with the bulk of the material dating after 1950.  A major portion of the meeting minutes is missing (1940-1973).  Nevertheless, information on club activities during this time is available in the club history, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and scrapbooks.  The correspondence, financial records, and membership lists and statements contain further information on the group’s organizational policies, fund raising projects, and community concerns.  Finally, files on the Equal Rights Amendment, club ceremonies, foundation donations, state and national legislation, and National Business Women’s Week reveal local and national club policies and efforts to better women’s lives throughout the world.
Held at:
Northern Illinois University
Founders Memorial Library
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
Phone: 815-753-1779
Email: rhcua [at] niu.edu
Record Series Number: RHC/RC/122
Volume: 2.5 Linear Feet
Acquired: 01/31/1981.
Access Restrictions: There are no restrictions on access to the collection.
Subject Index
Belvidere (Ill.)
Belvidere Business and Professional Women's Club
Business and Professional Women's Club
Women
Women--Societies and clubs.
Women in the professions.
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Rights/Use Restrictions: Property rights in the collection belong to the Regional History Center; literary rights are dedicated to the public.
Acquisition Notes: Patsy Meyer  Patsy Meyer, President, donated the Belvidere Business and Professional Women’s Club Records to the Northern Illinois Regional History Center on January 31, l98l.
Related Materials: Researchers should note that the Regional History Center holds several other B.P.W. Clubs’ records which can provide additional information on the organization.