Log In | Contact Us
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Records Relating to University Libraries | Northern Illinois University

Northern’s first library was established in1899 and located on the second floor of Altgeld Hall.  In 1952 the library moved into Swen Parson Hall, which was substantially expanded in the 1960's.  The current facility, Founders Memorial Library, opened in 1977.  Records in this collection are organized into three series: administrative records; staff records; and technical services records.  Administrative records cover the period from 1942 to the present, and include: annual reports, Library Council minutes and memos, director’s correspondence and subject files, and information on the special branch libraries.  Library staff records cover the period from 1960 to the present and include newsletters, directories, and committee files.  Technical services records include accession and circulation statistics from 1900 to 1969, as well as training materials.  Newsletters and minutes are added regularly to the collection.

Records filed under "University Libraries"

Page Generated in: 0.077 seconds (using 87 queries).
Using 5.71MB of memory. (Peak of 5.88MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21
Copyright ©2011 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign